Gingerbread Parade - Volunteer Baker Spotlight: Katelyn Storey

Tell me how you got into baking.

I decorated my very first cookie in February of this year, they weren’t great, but I was hooked from the start and determined to get better because I knew I wanted to decorate cookies for my son's first birthday this winter. I practiced again for St Patrick’s Day, then Easter, and then had my very first order in May for a baby shower. I love that this is something I am able to do while staying home with my baby boy.

What is your favorite thing to bake?

It’s hard to pick a favorite. I enjoy royal icing because I love being able to create something custom and special for each person who orders.  My “cracked” cookies are much quicker and easier, and I have so much fun coming up with new flavors. I have also recently started learning to bake Macarons, which are so tricky! But I really like the challenge and pushing myself to get better. I can say without a doubt, baking cakes is my least favorite. Something about getting buttercream perfectly smooth on the sides just drives me absolutely crazy. Haha

Show us some of your baked goods.






Wow. I am impressed. Only been baking since February? - these are beautiful!

How can people reachout to you to place an order?

Email:  Crackedcookieco@gmail.com

Katelyn of Cracked Cookie Co. will have an awesome gingerbread house displayed at Switchpoint CRC Thrift Store off Sunset. It is listed as number 18 on the tour map. Be sure and vote for your favorites during the tour (Dec 2-13) and be entered to win prizes during our Fundraiser event on December 14 at the Holiday Market and Gingerbread Auction 1:00-4:00 PM at the inner courtyard of Ancestor Square. This event is free. Tell your friends and family and come help support a great cause. All proceeds from the Gingerbread Auction will benefit the St George Children's Museum. Interested vendors should contact Downtown Farmers Market.

Popular posts from this blog

2020 - Mary Shipley - Volunteer Baker Spotlight

Graduation: 4 years of Gingerbread Parade

Participating Business Spotlight: Ashcreek Academy