2021 - Spotlight on Volunteer Baker: Michelle Joines

Michelle, center with her family

  Michelle Joines
   Gingerbread House on display at stop #6
   Tagg-N-Go Car Wash, 1062 W Sunset Blvd
   Hours: M-Sa 7:30 AM - 7:30 PM

   Michelle is my good friend. She was one of the first persons I met when I moved back to St George, 6 years ago. And we still get together regularly for hikes. Several years ago, before I even got involved in organizing the Gingerbread Parade, Michelle always had an impressive gingerbread house in her home. It was a tradition to save up all the Halloween candy for the Gingerbread House. Since, I have recruited her to make them for this event, she has graciously donated them so that everyone can enjoy her creations.

   She told me a special story about her son, who helped her make the gingerbread house this year, by not making it. In other words, he would say "Mom, I'll put myself to bed so that you can work on the Gingerbread house." or "Mom, I'll make dinner so that you can work on the gingerbread house." Now, that I've seen the gingerbread house, I can see why she needed some time to complete it. It's in the style of Dr. Suess - stacked up houses on top of each other. She had to figure out a way to do it so it wouldn't collapse. Yes, there is a pole in the center for support. And the base has some structural support as well. 

   It really is awesome to see how much work goes into these creations. I hope you're all enjoying it as much as I am. Below are some of Michelle's Gingerbread Creations from earlier years. I encourage you to go out and see her Dr Suess themed gingerbread house at Tagg-N-Go Car Wash on Sunset Blvd. If you haven't been there before, just drive past the vacuum spaces, to the end and there are some spots to park to go into the office/lobby. There it will be!

I think she used this one as a contest one year. You hand to guess how much candy she used to win it!

This is the one she made for 2019, it was on display at Dixie Watercolor Society, Main Street

This is last year's design, it was very chocolatey, it was on display at Bank of Utah, Home Loans office.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.





Popular posts from this blog

2020 - Mary Shipley - Volunteer Baker Spotlight

Graduation: 4 years of Gingerbread Parade

Participating Business Spotlight: Ashcreek Academy