2021 - Spotlight on Volunteer Baking Team: Redwood Family

The Redwood Family reached out to me pretty late in the event planning about donating a Gingerbread Village for use in the Gingerbread Parade. It actually came just in time because my other volunteer had health issues which prevented her from helping this year and had to step down. 

The Redwood Family also asked not to be praised, but I feel like I gotta do it because I couldn't do anything without the help of all these people stepping up to bring Christmas Cheer to our community.

So, I asked if the family would mind putting their gingerbread creation over at The House of Jump, stop #7 on parade map, and gladly they helped. They ended up putting together a whole trampoline themed gingerbread creation complete with basketball and trampolines, little dolls and even a book! Yes a trampoline book - to encourage young ones to go home and read after moving your little bodies. 

Thank you so much Redwood Family. You did wonderful. I appreciate you. The community appreciates this event... I can't speak for everyone but I do hear a lot of feedback about people who enjoy this experience every year. Thanks for helping. 😊

So, Redwood Family, you can still remain some what anonymous, I will leave out your family photo from this post, but I will share some photos I took of your creation below.

First day it was set up - looking perfect!

A week later:
Look 👀 - You know you made a good gingerbread house,
when people pick candy off - could a been a kid or a mommy.



Very creative use of the toys - when I went back later, those peanut butter cups were eaten, too 😂

Candy cane hearts - and mistle toe!



.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.




Popular posts from this blog

2020 - Mary Shipley - Volunteer Baker Spotlight

Graduation: 4 years of Gingerbread Parade

Participating Business Spotlight: Ashcreek Academy