Gingerbread Parade - Volunteer Baker Spotlight: Caitlin Reber

In her own words:

When I was little, my mom would make the most amazing birthday cakes and I started making cakes and desserts when I was in high school.  I took one Wilton cake decorating class but other than that I am YouTube taught. 

A favorite Christmas memory from my childhood in northern Utah was going to the large mall in Salt Lake City where during the Christmas season there would be elaborate displays made of candy in the store windows. I think that inspired my love of gingerbread houses,  and they have been a favorite part of Christmas celebrations as an adult. 

For the first time last year, I donated a couple of (graham cracker) gingerbread houses to Intermountain healthcare’s Jubilee of trees and I am looking forward to this new opportunity to challenge myself for the gingerbread house parade.

A sample of her work: 



Caitlin Reber is assigned to make a gingerbread house creation to be displayed at Stephen Wade Honda Mazda. Be sure and check it out Dec 2-13 and vote for your favorites. All votes will be entered to win prizes during the Holiday Market & Silent Auction Fundraiser (in which all gingerbread houses will be auctioned for charity) at Ancestor Square, Dec 14th, 1:00-4:00 PM. 

Popular posts from this blog

2020 - Mary Shipley - Volunteer Baker Spotlight

Graduation: 4 years of Gingerbread Parade

Participating Business Spotlight: Ashcreek Academy