Gingerbread Parade - Volunteer Baker Spotlight: Michelle Joines

In her own words:

I love cooking healthy whole food from scratch.  It started as a young girl watching my mom bake as she ground her own flour.  I started making gingerbread houses 7 years ago when my husband made a deal with my kids not to eat sugar for a year.  So with all their trick or treat candy we made a gingerbread house and donated it to a charity.  I have been making gingerbread houses from their trick or treat candy and donating them ever since!  This is my first year in the Gingerbread Parade.  This year my Young Women are helping me as I teach them the art of making a real gingerbread house from scratch.  My real passion is cooking yummy healthy food and helping others on their journey to better health!  





It looks like a great use of Halloween Candy. I see some Tootsie Rolls and Mike n Ikes among other candies here. Michelle Joines has an archive of healthy recipes at Green Kale and Yams.


Michelle's gingerbread house will be on display at Dixie Watercolors Society's Gallery 35 on Main Street (number 2 on the parade tour map). Be sure and check it out during the parade (Dec 2-13), vote for it and be entered to win cool prizes during the Fundraiser benefit and Holiday Market on December 14th 1:00-4:00 PM - Ancestor Square. There will be live performances by DMS Philharmonic Orchestra, DSU Raging Red, Desert Nomads Belly Dance, No Limit Dance Studio and more. This event is free!

Popular posts from this blog

2020 - Mary Shipley - Volunteer Baker Spotlight

Graduation: 4 years of Gingerbread Parade

Participating Business Spotlight: Ashcreek Academy