Gingerbread Parade - Volunteer Baker Spotlight: Ginger Farnsworth

Tell me about yourself?

By day I am an Insurance person.  I work as a Commercial Lines Account Manager at Certified Insurance here in St. George.  that keeps me very busy.  I serve as treasurer on the Board of Directors at the St. George Children's Museum and I am dedicated to their cause.  Children are the future and making sure they have happy and healthy opportunities to learn and grow is something I support with my whole heart so I am happy to lend a hand wherever I can in the hope that my small contribution can help make the difference for even one child.   I LOVE all things Gingerbread.  Quite a few years ago I got involved as a volunteer baker for the Jubilee of Trees for their bakeshop.  My husband works for Dixie Regional Medical Center and it was my way of supporting him and his employer as well as a great cause.  After providing goods for the bakeshop for a couple of years I was asked to chair the Gingerbread Village booth at the jubilee which I did for a couple of years.  I met some very talented people and learned a lot from that experience.

How did you get involved in the Gingerbread Tour? 

Anita [Director at St George Children's Museum] asked me to help with the Gingerbread Tour about 3 years ago when the Children's  Museum decided to take over organizing it.  I baked for the tour in 2016, 2017, and 2018.  This year it was decided we couldn't continue the project so I had been under the impression we would not be doing anything.  Then she told me you had turned this into a full-time operation and I was so excited!  First, it was great to hear there is someone else out there that loves Gingerbread as much as I do, and second - using the funds to support the Museum again was great news.  So I am happy to jump in again this year - but I am going to keep it to one house this time around. 

Wow. You are so involved. That's great. I want to see some of your gingerbread creations!

For Gold Ore Store in 2016 tour

For Painted Pony in 2016 tour

For Painted Pony in 2017 tour

For Children's Museum in 2017 tour.
For 2018 tour - Around the World.
For 2018 tour - Around the World

The Children's Museum is lucky to have you as their volunteer baker and on their Board of Directors!

The Children's Museum will be number 1 on the tour map. They will be open a little bit late on the evening of December 2 - during the Kickoff to Christmas, an event that is always held on the Monday after Thanksgiving. This is a St. George hometown event especially for the residents of St. George. Come on out and enjoy hot chocolate, the Santa Dash, Santa Claus, and close friends and family for some downtown fun. They will also be turning on the Christmas lights at Town Square! 


Popular posts from this blog

2020 - Mary Shipley - Volunteer Baker Spotlight

Graduation: 4 years of Gingerbread Parade

Participating Business Spotlight: Ashcreek Academy